Saturday 24 July 2010

COCONUT GRATING CONTEST

I watched 10 contestants taking part in a coconut grating contest last weekend.  They used brand new wood coconut graters with stainless steel blade.  The serrated end is placed inside a coconut half then twisted against the meat to create fine shavings. The grater is fashioned into a stool which the contestants sat on providing them with good leverage while you grating the coconut.
The contestants were given 4 minutes to grate the coconuts.  The master of ceremony kept reminding them to be mindful of their safety.  At the end of the contest, the gratings of the contestants would be weighed.  The one with the heaviest weight would be declared the winner.
However, I did not stay long enough to see who won as my mum and I were waiting for me to go have our lunch.

No comments: