Saturday 24 July 2010

25 YEARS OF PASAR TANI IN MALAYSIA

My Saturday mornings would usually be spent going to the Pasar Tani or Farmer's Market at the Ipoh Stadium car park.  There was even more things to see this morning when I went there with my mum and aunt as they were celebrating 25 years of Pasar Tani in our country.
The balloon arch and the bunch of balloons floating in midair gave the area a festive air. 
 
 Booths promoting locally grown fruits like pomeloes, mangoes and langsat.
There was some prize presentation ceremony for the participants going on at a specially set up stage.  The mayor of Ipoh was the guest of honour.  He is the one wearing the brown batik shirt with yellow stripes.
A stall displaying a variety of locally produced products.
The fried stuff like fried squids, fried crabs, fried fish balls being sold.  I told myself not to buy as my health consultants Kelley and Bethany would have fits if they found that I have been indulging in such oily food.
A view of some of the stalls
Plants and orchids
Bahulu for sale
Satay sauce for tasting
Tom Yam vermicelli being cooked
Close up of the tom yam vermicelli
At the end of my visit, I got t enjoy some fried noodles and ice tea which were served to the patrons of the Pasar Tani this morning.

No comments: