Wednesday 16 June 2010

WAH! RM20 FOR ONE PRAWN

I am holding up one prawn of seven which my family and I had ordered for dinner at a seafood restaurant last night.  We knew that it would be expensive but did not think that one prawn would cost RM20 each.  This we found out when it was time to pay.
The plate of 7 large prawns which cost RM143
My nephew Kris on finding that one prawn costs RM20 each decided to finish every last bit of flesh he could find.
The bill not including tax and other items.

COMMENT
Aiyoh!  If I knew it would be so expensive to eat seafood here, I would have insisted that we drove to Sitiawan for the meal instead.  The bill amounted to RM360 for a dish of scallops and sea cucumber, spinach soup with century eggs, yong tau foo, the fried prawns and crabs.  If we were to order the same food at Kampung Cina, it would cost less than RM200 including coconut drinks and dessert.  Furthermore, I have been a regular customer there for more than 10 years and the proprietors of the seafood restaurants are familiar with me.

No comments: