Thursday 17 June 2010

MY NEW CELLPHONE: PRETTY AND WORTHY


My LG Shine cellphone is still being repaired.  According to the technician, not only the ribbon but the LCD screen is also spoilt.  Could it be because I dropped it? The cost for repairing it is RM150.00.  I gave it a thought and decided to have it repaired but then I was going to buy me a new one. I will use the LG Shine as a spare phone. 
Initially I had wanted to get another LG phone, either a Cookie or a Lollipop, both of which cost RM799.00 each.  When I saw the peachy pink Sony Erikson W595 Walkman phone at the digital kiosk at Greentown Mall in Ipoh, I fell in love with it and decided to get it instead.  I actually did not act on impulse but was guided by four other reasons.  Firstly, the phone was cheaper, I only paid RM450.00 for it. The Lang Chye salesman gave me a discount as I was the first customer for the day .  Secondly, if I had bought the LG Lollipop or the LG Cookie I wouldn't have used all the functions available and so that would be a waste.  Thirdly, I can enjoy music on the go with this phone and also have a 3 megapixel camera handy. Lastly, my two previous phones were LG phones.  I bought the first one, a clamshell phone, for RM700 and it only lasted 3 years.  The technician also said the repair cost would amount to RM150.  I bought the LG Shine in June 2007 and now 3 years later the same has happened. 
See, I do not act on impulse when making purchases.  A lot of thought and consideration goes through my mind before I buy something with my hard earned money.

No comments: