Thursday 17 June 2010

KUCING THREE LAYER TEA

My sister and I discovered the Kucing Three Layer Tea when we went to the Chicken Rice Shop to have Pie Tee.  It was on the menu and looked tempting to us and so we gave it a try.  The drink is called such as it has three different layers: the bottom layer is gula melaka (coconut sugar), the second layer is milk (not sure if it is evaporated or fresh) and the top layer is tea.  One can see three distinct layers when the waiter serves the drink.
Me with the 3 layer tea plus a plate of Pie Tee.
Both my sister and I liked the Kucing 3 layer tea.  It is something different.  The price for a glass of tea is RM4.50.  Yeah! It's a bit expensive, isn't it?  However, I think that it is delicious and will most certainly order it again next time.
The Pie Tee at the shop is sold at RM5.50 for 4 pieces.  It is expensive and also not as nice as the ones that I can get at the shop in Canning Garden in the morning.  That is only RM3.00 for 6 pieces.  The casing is not very crunchy and the fillings are not so tasty.

No comments: