Wednesday 19 May 2010

MISSING ONE DIGIT

When I reached home today, my elderly next door neighbour greeted me and  told me that the daughter of the neighbour across the road wanted to buy a house in the same row as mine. She asked me if there were any houses that were unsold.  The old lady told me that the girl said that RM 69,800 for a house was very cheap and she wanted to get one for herself.  It was then at that juncture that I informed my neighbour that she had left out one more digit for the price of the house. She left out the 1 at the beginning.  The price of my new house is RM 169,800. I told her that the houses in that area were located in the prime area of Sitiawan and Giant, TESCO and Econsave were within walking distance. When she realised her mistake, the auntie was taken aback and said that she would have to tell the other neighbours the actual price of the house.  I later brought her to the housing area and showed her some of the houses.  You can see her in the above pictures.  I also showed her the double storey terrace houses there which costs anywhere between RM240,000 to RM350,000.
I am sure that the neighbours across the road would be very disappointed and their hopes of getting a medium cost house for the price of a low cost house would be dashed.  They didn't realise that my 79 year old neighbour had hearing problems.

No comments: