Thursday 29 April 2010

SAYING FAREWELL TO A FRIEND AND COLLEAGUE

1998
2007
29 April, 2010

My friend and colleague for 12 years, Ishak, received his transfer letter this morning.  He would be posted to another school as the school we teach in no longer offer the subject that he teaches, Physics. 
I felt rather sad to lose a good friend and colleague.  Mind you, 12 years is not a short period of time.  Through the years, I have seen him growing, both older and bigger.  I am a person who would be easily happy or sad and this parting would no doubt make me melancholy tomorrow.  Thank goodness I will not be in school to see him clock out for the last time as I am accompanying the debating team for their competition in Ipoh.
The consolation is that he is teaching in the school just across the road and so there would still be times when we'd bump into each other. 

No comments: