Wednesday 9 December 2009

UNITY IN DIVERSITY

I went for breakfast in Buntong with a few of my friends this morning. We decided to have Indian food at a stall located at the Kalgidar primary school. I guess that is the beauty of being a Malaysian, we have sort of adopted the food of our Indian, Malay and Chinese countrymen. That is why we have Malay vendors selling "Yong Tau Foo" at the Pasar Malam, an Indian vendor selling Nasi Lemak in the market and a Chinese man who runs a Nasi Kandar store.
My friend, Thiru, enjoying the Apam Manis Special at a shop in Buntong called, Esther's Place. I ate it too and it is delicious.
This is called Paniyaram.
The Paniyaram with four choices of dips
You can eat the chappati, tosai, paniyaram and apam manis with a selection of four curries or chutneys.
Tosai
A closer look at the Special Apam Manis. The filling is made from coconut.

No comments: