Friday 11 December 2009

MY BLOG ON HERBS

Click on image for a larger view.

Initially I started a blog to provide information on the plants found in my school Herb Garden. Since the funds for the Herb Garden is limited, I could not possibly make labels for all the herbs with the descriptions of their medicinal uses. I was advised to put up a notice at the garden notice board to inform visitors to get the information about the herbs from the Taman Herba STESMA blog.
What started as resource about herbs for my school teachers, staff and students is turning into a site that people from Malaysia and other parts of the world visit to get information. This is actually beyond my expectation. I had people whose family members were suffering from cancer and other diseases writing to me, people wanting information about certain herbs, students who were doing projects for their colleges also wrote in, people interested in herbs have also asked to visit this place, people requesting to buy herbs from the garden and people who were knowledgeable in herbs are constantly writing in to help furnish me with information about herbs
It may seem trivial to some but believe me it takes lots of time and patience to look for the names of certain herbs. Sometimes I get it wrong and then I have to go look again. However I am spurred on by the emails and messages I get from visitors to the blog telling me that they think that the blog was most helpful to them and that they would try out the herbal remedies for their ailments. Their thanks and words of encouragement make me want to catalogue more herbs and their uses.
Though what I am doing is very small compared to the great work done by others but I feel that somehow I have done a bit to help others. When we think of doing good deeds, it does not necessarily be something very grand. Little deeds when done constantly would also add up to a lot in the long run.
If you are interested to visit my blog on herbs, the URL is: http://www.linaherbs.blogspot.com/

No comments: