Saturday 5 December 2009

HEALTHY AND HAPPY PASTIME


Both my mum and aunt look forward to Saturday because I would drive them to the Farmer's Market or Pasar Tani near the Ipoh Stadium to look at the plants that are on sale there. Besides my two golden girls, I see a lot of other old timers frequenting the stalls. I guess they too look forward to going to the Farmer's Market as well. When you are retired, one outdoor activity that is not too strenuous but pleasurable is to go look at plants to buy for ones garden.

My aunt is talking to this nice gentleman who is advising her on which type of fertiliser to buy for her house plants. Before he retired, he worked at the Rubber Research Institute.
The nice uncle giving my aunt some tips on how to best plant the Rangoon Creeper that she bought at the stall this morning.
Me posing with the plants that I bought from the Pasar Tani for the school Herb Garden.
My mum with the pot of Bauhinia Kokiana that she bought for RM30.00 this morning. I actually bought her one in a polybag for RM10.00 at the beginning of the year but it just doesn't seem to flower.

No comments: