Tuesday 14 October 2008

TORTOISES


My mum's tortoises
My nephew helping to clean the tortoise pond

The Chinese consider the tortoise as a symbol of longevity, protection, support, wealth and prosperity. Feng Shui enthusiasts believe that an image or figure of the tortoise in a strategic place in ones home is said to enhance health, bringing in positive Qi for a healthy and fit old age.
The tortoise figure may also be placed in the good Health sector of the year, according to Flying Stars Feng Shui.
I had a pond specially built in the north sector my house in Ipoh so that my mum could rear tortoises. I did it on the advice of my godma who went to my house to do a Feng Shui audit when my mum was hospitalised. In 2003, my mum became very ill and went in and out of hospital for 8 times. She became very thin and was a living shadow of herself but the doctors kept saying that she didn't have any serious ailments and that it could be psychological.
My godma found a poison arrow aimed directly at my front door and other feng shui NO NOs. She advised me to switch on the two lanterns in the front porch 24 hours a day and to built a tortoise pond in the northern part of the house. At the same time, she carried out a space clearing ceremony for my house before I took my mum back from hospital the next day. My mum was discharged in the evening and when she came home she was still weak and sickly. The next morning, I had to go back to Sitiawan as I had a very important meeting to attend. My Aunt May was the one who came to look after her after I left for Sitiawan.
When I reached home at around 6.00 in the evening. I had a big surprise. My mum was up and about and had even cooked dinner for me. She told my aunt to go back to her house as she was fully recovered. My mum said that when she came home she felt that she became better and better and after a night's sleep she was sick no more. And that ladies and gentlemen, was how my interest in Feng Shui was piqued.

No comments: