Wednesday 2 July 2008

TENDER LOVING CARE








The cat above was the one I took pictures of a couple of months back. If you study the first three pictures that I took way back then, it was in a real sorry state with scabs on its back and parts of the fur missing. The cat was also emaciated. I had actually wanted to help it and even bought a bar of pet soap to wash it a couple of days after seeing it but somehow it just sort of did not appear near the library after my encounter with it.

It was only today that I came across Kitty again. I recognised the cat when I was driving home. I saw one the security guards was playing with a cat and it looked very much like the one I photographed a few months ago.

I stopped my car immediately in front of the guard house and talked with the security guard about the cat. Indeed I was correct, that was the same cat. It seemed that the guard also took pity on the cat. He bathed and fed it and cared for it. With his tender loving care, the cat's fur had grown back and it looks healthier. If you look at the three pictures above, you'd notice the difference. However, the guard could not do anything much about the eye that had been blinded except to heal the wound around it. Kitty even let me pet it and no longer showed signs of fear. I think this might be due to the loving care shown by its new owner.

No comments: