Sunday 13 July 2008

FAMILY TIME







I did not go back to Ipoh last week as I had a migraine and was too unwell to drive home. Therefore, I spent the weekend in Sitiawan. I had to work on Saturday this week but immediately after work, I drove back to Ipoh as I miss my family. As you can see from the above pictures, I have a few senior citizens in my family and I make it a point to be with them as much as I can. I usually take them out for meals during the weekends and also to the market or departmental stores so that they can purchase all the groceries and items that they might require for a week. Then my nephew, Jeremy, would be back for the weekend from college and his brother, Benjamin, would also have some free time. We usually go have lunch together after the two boys attend Sunday service in their church.

This Sunday, we had buffet lunch at the Hillcity Hotel Restaurant. As this is the 10th anniversary of the hotel, the buffet is priced as RM10.00 nett per person. So that is quite a bargain. During these times of escalating fuel and food prices, it is good to get to go out and have food at a restaurant at such a rate. I have read in the newspapers that some of the people interviewed said that they were cutting down on their visits to their parents who live in other states as they simply could not afford it. Well, I am lucky that my family is rather near and not in Johor or Kedah. So for me to go back every weekend to be with them is still affordable. Anyway, if you can do try and spend time with your parents and other family members as they are the people who should matter most to you.

No comments: