Sunday 8 June 2008

BUYING PROTECTIVE AMULETS






An amulet is defined as "an object that protects a person from trouble". It is also considered as any object intended to bring good luck and/or protection to its owner or wearer. Actually there are lots of things that can be used as amulets. Potential amulets include gems or simple stones, statues, coins, drawings, pendants, rings, et cetera. In Taoism, our paper charms which contain symbols and calligraphic inscriptions are also amulets or talismans.
My family members and I would visit the Ipoh Branch of the World of Feng Shui to look for Feng Shui activators and protective amulets whenever we happen to visit that area. My mum, Aunt May and I were indeed happy this morning when we entered the place as this branch was having a sale of some of the Feng Shui items. Yahoo! We could get some discounts for protective amulets. I actually had wanted to buy the Tai Sui Coin and got it for a cheaper price. I also bought a Blue Sodalite Rhinoceros and an Elephant.
I also had a pleasant surprise as one of the salespersons told me that he had visited this Xing Fu blog. He told me that Jason, who is the proprietor of Ipoh Wofs, showed it to him when I blogged about his Annual Feng Shui Talk at the beginning of the year. Aiyoh! I forgot to give him the Five Colour Ribbons for good luck today. I said that anyone who recognised me from the Xing Fu blog would be given the ribbons that I made. Too bad! I am now back in Sitiawan and am not in Ipoh.

No comments: