Sunday 8 June 2008

AGAPE







My nephew, Jeremy, always says AGAPE whenever I send him home after he comes for his weekend visits. For your information, Agape means God's Love or Divine Love. I was actually wondering what to get him for his birthday which happens to fall on the 20th of this month and when he asked if I could send him to the Christian Bookshop to get a motivational book, I said to myself "Bingo". Let him choose his own gift. I know for sure that he would definitely not fancy any Feng Shui items. Sure enough, he was pleased with the birthday prezzies that my mum and I bought him since he got to choose what he wanted. His grandma bought him the motivational book that he wanted, the one titled "The Purpose Driven" and a bracelet with a cross. I bought him the silver ring below and a bookmark.

To me it does not matter what religion a person believes in as long as he or she lives a purposeful and meaningful life. Belief in any of the major Faiths is beneficial to an individual as all religions teach one to be good and God fearing. Actually, I am reassured that my nephew's faith in the religion of his choice will stand him in good stead and that he will be able to find his purpose in life. I did recall him mentioning that it is to serve God and mankind.

No comments: