Tuesday 20 May 2008

TRUSTWORTHINESS



The pictures above were taken from inside an Indian barber shop. Last Sunday, I accompanied by nephew, Jeremy, there. He had gone for his haircut before he left for college on Monday. The barber has laid out the daily newspapers outside his shop and the interesting thing is that he was that he left his money box on the on a ledge inside his shop. I noticed that even when he had gone inside the shop, the people who bought the papers would pick the newpapers that they want and then open the door and place the correct amount of money for it inside the box.
When he came out, I asked him out of curiosity if anyone took the papers without paying and he said never. He also told me that even if he had gone inside for a while and if there was not even a customer outside, the customers would pay for the papers. He said that he has been a newsvendor for many years and has full trust in his customers. I was really impressed and my faith in the trustworthiness of humans was restored.

No comments: