Thursday 15 May 2008

TEACHER'S DAY


Tomorrow is May 16th and in Malaysia this day is designated as Teacher's Day. People in other parts of the world might celebrate this day on different dates. Nevertheless, it is a day to show appreciation for teachers. I would like to post a poem titled A Teacher's Prayer to share with you here.


A Teacher's Prayer


by James J. Metcalf


I want to teach my students how--
To live this life on earth,
To face its struggles and its strife
And to improve their worth.
Not just the lesson in a book,

Or how the rivers flow,
But to choose the proper path,
Wherever they may go.
To understand eternal truth,

And know right from wrong,
And gather all the beauty of
A flower and a song,
For if I help the world to grow

In wisdom and grace,
Then I feel that I have won
And I have filled my place.
And so I ask your guidance,

God That I may do my part,
For character and confidence
And happiness of heart.

No comments: