Tuesday 25 December 2007

A VISIT BY THE CHOONGS ..

Today is Christmas day and I received a very interesting short message text from my godsister, Sophie, early in the morning. It is a highly auspicious and most welcome message for this season.
Here is the message I got:
Mr Choong and his family will visit me.. I'll ask them to visit you too.

The members of the Choong family are...

Choong Ma Pew;
Choong Tai Choy,
Choong To-To and
Choong 4-D.
They'll wish you good luck always.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Just in case, you are not too familiar with Malaysian Chinese culture, let me enlighten you. Choong which is a Chinese surname can also mean "to strike it rich". Choong Ma Pew means to strike the winning number for the Pan Malaysian races. Choong Tai Choy means to win at the big stakes for lottery. Similarly, Choong To-to and Choong 4 D means to strike the winning numbers drawn for Toto and Magnum 4D. I am sure after reading this, you too would be all too glad to welcome Mr Choong and his very lucky family members.

No comments: