Saturday 14 January 2017

RED UNDERWEAR FOR THE CHINESE NEW YEAR




RED UNDERWEAR AS A LUCKY CHARM FOR THE NEW YEAR
According to Chinese traditional beliefs,  those who wear red underwear during the Chinese New Year celebrations are considered lucky for a whole year

The Rules of Luck

According to the superstition two things have to be observed in order to ensure luck and prosperity: The underwear has to be received as a gift, it cannot be bought for oneself. And, it has to be worn for the first time on New Year’s Eve, or the magic won’t work.

In places with a high concentration of Chinese, you will see red underwear sold at supermarkets and street markets. Red is believed to ward off bad luck and misfortune. For people born in a year of the Rooster, red underwear is a must for 2017!

Link:
http://www.zimmerli.com/ch_en/blog/red-underwear-as-a-lucky-charm-for-the-new-year.html
http://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/special-report/chinese-new-year/

Comment:
I always buy myself red undies for the new year.  Never thought that I had to get them as gifts for them to work their magic.  Hmm .... I shall get Lai Yoong to buy me one and I will gift her with one.  

No comments: