Monday 28 March 2016

GOING TO GOPENG FOR CHENG BENG






On Saturday, my cousin, his son and I set off for Gopeng to pay homage to our paternal ancestors. We reached the cemetery at around 8.35 a.m. and finished at 9.50 a.m. There was this compulsory stop at the pavilion to pray first before climbing up the hill to where the graves were. I decided not to burn too many joss sticks and paper paraphernalia to be kinder to the environment. Furthermore, I wasn't feeling well and lugging bags of prayer stuff, food and drinks up a steep hill is not easy. My cousin and his son already had to bring up two big jugs of flowers.
By the time the prayer rituals were completed I was already a spent force. You can see my tired face in this pic. Note that we all followed my Ku Ma's advice of wearing a sun hat and using a big umbrella for shade. We also brought along mineral water.
I guess the medication I am taking for my cough and sore throat has also a part in my listlessness.

No comments: