Saturday 3 October 2015

PERCHING





I notice that Precious likes to perch himself at high places unlike his big brother, Junior who loves to go under the bed or table.  You can see Precious happily perched on my printer looking down on me while I am doing my work.

So what is it about this perching.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say:
Perching
Most breeds of cat have a noted fondness for settling in high places, or perching. Animal behaviorists have posited a number of explanations, the most common being that height gives the cat a better observation point, allowing it to survey its "territory" and become aware of activities of people and other pets in the area. In the wild, a higher place may serve as concealed site from which to hunt. Height, therefore, can also give cats a sense of security and prestige.

Source(s):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat#Perchin...

No comments: