Sunday, 10 May 2015
MY RECIPE FOR NASI LEMUNI
Here is my recipe;
3 cups rice (it would be better with Basmathi)
3 black lemuni shoots
3 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon fenugreek
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 shallots, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 inch ginger, sliced
2 pandan leaves
Salt to taste
1. Blend lemuni shoots with 1 1/2 cups of water. Can filter and discard the blended lemuni shoots, but I leave them in.
2. Wash the rice and soak for 20 minutes then add to the rice cooker.
3. Enter blended lemuni, coconut milk, onion, garlic, ginger, fenugreek (halba) and black pepper (lada hitam) . Stir well.
4. Add salt. Add enough water / milk if necessary.
5. Cook in the rice cooker
6. Serve with sambal ikan bilis/sambal sotong/curry fish, eggs, salted fish, fried anchovy and cucumber.