Sunday 14 December 2014

STORY OF THE BISMILLAH PLANT CUTTINGS

 A few weeks ago I sent a package containing cuttings of the the South African Plant or Bismillah (Vernonia Amygdalina) plant to my friend Rose in Sepang.  I had addressed it to her college.   A couple of days ago, I got a call from the courier company telling me to collect the package which was not sent.  It seemed that when the delivery men went to the college, it was closed.  They tried contacting my friend, Rose but no one answered.  So I got it back.   I had wanted to throw away the package at first but then out of curiosity I opened it to look at the cuttings.  To my surprise, I found roots and shoots growing from all the four cuttings.  When I sent them, I had wrapped wet cotton wool at the bottom end of the cuttings.  Somehow, they grew.


No comments: