Thursday 3 July 2014

HOMEMADE CITRUS CLEANER

I used a lot of lemons for my drinks and after squeezing out the juices, I used them to make a natural cleaner.  Actually any citrus peels will do, orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit.  As I have a bit of leftover slices, I put them inside the jar in the hope that the juice will sort of reduce the smell of the vinegar later on.
I will let the lemons and vinegar steep for a couple of weeks at least.The longer it sits,the better.  After that the peels and slices will be removed from the mixture and strained with a fine sieve to remove any bits of citrus that might be floating in the vinegar. Dilute 1:1 with water (one part citrus vinegar to one part water) and place in a spray bottle. If the smell of the vinegar is still overpowering, then try adding a few drops of essential oils.

No comments: