Monday 23 June 2014

A MOSQUE THAT LOOKS LIKE A TEMPLE


Weekend is the time I go back to my hometown to eat and also to spend some time with my Aunt Linda.  This week she requested to go to an Orchid Nursery in Jalan Kuala Kangsar as she wanted to buy a pink orchid.  Obliged her I did and she managed to buy the plant she so desired.  It was on the way back to town that I got lost.  If you ask my buddies, they will nod their heads in unison about me having a knack for losing my way.  Anyway, to make a long story short, I stumbled upon a mosque that looks like a Chinese temple in the Taman Tasek Jaya Area.  The name of the mosque is Masjid Muhammadiah.
Not being one who would just drive past the place, I, of course stopped to take photographs.  We met Puan Suraya, a Chinese Muslim who was so kind to give us details of the the mosque.  It seems that this RM4 million mosque is the first Chinese-Muslim mosque in the country with a 100% Chinese architectural design.
The roof is imported from China.  Puan Suraya told us that the deputy chairman of the place is Datuk Dr Fadzli Cheah Abdullah.   It was opened on August 3rd, 2013.
This very Chinese temple looking mosque houses an air-conditioned prayer hall, a pond, garden and other facilities.  Already it has become a tourist attraction of sorts.  
Apparently there is another Chinese themed mosque in Rantau Panjang, Kelantan but it seems that it does not have 100% Chinese architecture.  That mosque also has also incorporated Siamese architecture.  
LINK

 Aunt Linda posing for a picture with Puan Suraya who is a member of the Muhammadiah Mosque





















1 comment:

ennie said...

Li Na, use Google Map or Waze. Can download to ur hp