Saturday 8 February 2014

MY VISITORS ON THE NINTH DAY OF CHINESE NEW YEAR

On the ninth day of the Chinese New Year a few of my friends paid me a Gong Xi Fa Cai visit at my house. Instead of doing the cooking or ordering food from the caterer, I invited my guests to have buffet lunch at Ritz Garden Cafe. This saves a lot of time and energy. Furthermore, I don't have many chairs and tables at home. Also, no need to do the cleaning and tidying up.
 While enjoying the buffet lunch, we found out that all of us at the table have Chinese ancestry.  Of course, I have the most Chinese blood.  Daniel's, Linda's and Buzz' maternal grandmothers are Chinese.  Sahak's maternal grandpa is Chinese.  Actually many Malaysians will find that they might have ancestors of not only one race.  Daniel's dad is Ceylonese while his mum is Malay mixed Chinese.  My maternal great great grandma was English.  My dad's mother was born in Java, Indonesia (not sure if she has mixed blood as she was adopted).
 My guests enjoying their meals.  Daniel (who is my neighbour) came alone as his mum and brother were back in Ipoh.  Buzz had wanted to bring Yaya to visit me in Ipoh during the second day of the new year but couldn't make it then, so they came today instead.  I am having a small celebration with my friends in the college on Tuesday.
 Me with Amar and Yaya.
 Buzz with 3 month old Amar
 Ibrahim enjoying his ABC (Air Batu Campur) dessert
 The eldest daughter of Ishak and Linda
 Aisyah posing for a photo 
 Little Qaseh sticks to her Papa like glue
 Sahak's wife, Linda
 Me with Yaya
 Daniel hamming it up for the camera
 Li Na and Nur Qasih Natasya (In the Malay language Qasih means love).
 Me with Linda and Qasih
 Buzz with Qasih
 So loving ....
 Li Na and Ibrahim
 Li Na and Amir
 Linda and Sahak with Amar



 Stopping to pose for this picture before selecting food for their lunch
Buzz and Yaya

No comments: