Monday 4 November 2013

SNACK TIME AT KOPITIAM


Most of my weekends are spent with my Aunt Linda.  When my mum was alive, we would make a threesome but now there are only the two of us left.  Once in a while, Lai Yoong would go back with me for the weekends and it would be merrier.
One of our favourite activities is shopping and eating.  Last Saturday, we went to Mydin to do our shopping and decided to have a snack at a Kopitiam there as all the walking around had made us hungry and thirsty. For my foreign blog visitors, a kopitiam  is a traditional coffee shop found in the part of the world I am from (Southeast Asia).  Kopitiam is a combination of words from the Malay language and a Chinese dialect. Kopi is Malay for coffee and Tiam in Hokkien/Hakka means shop (). 
On the menu of most kopitiams are eggs, toast and kaya, coffee, tea and other beverages.  I ordered eggs on toast and coke float while my aunt had toasted bread with kaya and white coffee.  
My eggs on toast a.k.a roti bakar telur goyang

No comments: