Friday 22 November 2013

DAI SHU KEOK

Dai shu Keok (translated into English: Big Tree Foot) in Ipoh is one of the most popular eating places in Ipoh where people flock to everyday to get their fill of Liau ('Yong Tau Fu' ingredients) and noodles.  The food is delicious and the price is reasonable.
I notice that many of my Chinese friends from Sitiawan would make it a point to eat at Dai Shu Keok when they visit Ipoh.  Each time Lai Yoong goes back to Ipoh with me, I take her there as well.
This was what I ordered on a recent visit.  Kon Lou noodles and the Liau (Yong Tau Foo).
Lai Yoong and Auntie Linda posing in front of the stall.
Me in front of the stall.  You can see stuffed ladies fingers, bitter gourd and chillies.

A customer selecting the fried Liao that he wants.
The Sar Kot at this place is yummy.
Lai Yoong selecting the Sar Kot for her meal.




No comments: