Friday 20 September 2013

HOW I CELEBRATED THE MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL THIS YEAR

 Yesterday was the 15th day of the 8th lunar month.  It is also a day where the Chinese celebrate the Mid Autumn Festival.  When my mum and dad were alive, we'd celebrate this festival but now that they have passed on, the other members of my family do not celebrate it as they are all Christians.  They do not believe in praying to the Moon Goddess as to them She does not exist.  Me? As a Taoist I believe in the existence of the deities.  Furthermore, thanks to my late mother, the Sun God and the Moon Goddess are my Godparents.
I had already done my prayers early in the morning, then drank tea and had a piece of moon cake in the afternoon.  At night, I had a date with three very young men.  When I say young, I mean really very young.  Amir, Izzudin and Ibrahim's parents let them have dinner with me at the Chicken Rice Shop to celebrate this festival.  Then I treated them to games at the Arcade.


















No comments: