Wednesday 25 September 2013

30TH MALAYSIAN CHINESE CULTURAL FESTIVAL 2013

I actually did not know that the 30th Malaysian Chinese Cultural Festival was being held at the Indera Mulia Stadium in Ipoh until I saw the banners advertising the event when I went back to my hometown for the weekend.
Of course I went to check it out with my aunt the moment we found out about  it. As usual I am sharing the pictures I took when I visited the exhibition.  There was a competition going on inside the stadium at that time.
At the entrance, there was a counter set up to give out free Chinese newspapers to visitors.
The traditional flour dough maker showing off his craft.  His artwork is for sale.
Ting Ting Candy.
Dragon beard candy
Paper cut outs
Demonstration on the art of traditional paper cutting
These carps were made using the same technique as the masks for the lion dance and also the dragon.


The dragon for the Dragon Dance.
Learning a Chinese craft from an expert
Lanterns made from Ang Pows (red packets)
Traditional lanterns made from cellophane paper and bamboo.  There were other exhibition booths showcasing Chinese Festivals, traditions and rituals.  I will be blogging about them in separate posts in the near future.

No comments: