Thursday 6 June 2013

SINGAPORE NATIONAL ORCHID GARDEN



 The last time I visited the National Orchid Garden at the Singapore Botanical Gardens was when my nephew Keefe was just a baby.  Now he is about to be drafted for military service.  So that was many, many years ago.
A lot has changed since then.  The place has become more beautiful and the species of orchids have increased.  Information I gleaned from Wikipedia has it that this garden is the main attraction within the Botanic Gardens. Located on the mid-western side of the Garden, the hilly three-hectare site has a collection of more than 1,000 species and 2,000 hybrids of orchids.

Within the Orchid Garden there are a number of attractions such as the following:
  1. Burkill Hall and the VIP Orchid Garden.
  2. Orchidarium
  3. Tan Hoon Siang Misthouse
  4. Lady Yuen-Peng McNeice Bromeliad House
  5. Coolhouse
LINK

I am sharing my orchid experience with you in the picture below.  Enjoy ...


















No comments: