Wednesday 5 June 2013

NASI LEMAK BY REQUEST


On the third day of my stay in South Korea, I was already longing for good ole' Malaysian food.  Fleeting through my mind were nasi lemak, laksa, curry mee, fish head curry, wanton mee, friend koay teow and so on.  Honestly I have Malaysian taste buds through and through and try as I might couldn't get used to the food there.
Even before I left Seoul, I had already left messages with Kamariah to cook for me her special nasi lemak. Taking pity of her nutritionally deprived friend, she prepared her specialty at 5.30 a.m.and I got it at 6.30 a.m. on Tuesday morning when I went to her house to get my car keys.  Even Lai Yoong who picked me up from the bus stand got a set.  As an added bonus, she threw in teh tarik as well.
Later that day when I met up with Lai Yoong, she said that she now understood why I was going on about wanting to eat nasi lemak.  It was really delicious.

No comments: