Sunday 9 June 2013

CHERRY TOMATOES

The cherry tomatoes above that I got from the wet market costs me RM2.  Now that is a great bargain. When sold at the supermarkets they cost double the price.
For me, I love eating them while I watch telly as they are delicious and also nutritious.

Here are some benefits of cherry tomatoes:
Cherry tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that lowers your risk of certain diseases caused by cellular damage. A 2000 article published in the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" notes that lycopene can decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer. Cherry tomatoes can have more far-reaching health benefits as well. The compounds in cherry tomatoes might offer protection against osteoporosis, skin damage caused by ultraviolet light and brain disorders, according to a 2010 article published in the "American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine."

No comments: