Tuesday 16 April 2013

USING ESSENCE OF CHICKEN ON STEAMED FISH


While I was cleaning the kitchen cabinet in my Ipoh house, I found a few bottles of Brand's Essence of Chicken that belonged to my late mother.  When I checked the dates, I found that they would expire on March 31, 2013.  Oh! Oh!  That meant that they had to be consumed before that date.  I gave four bottles to my uncle and one to Lai Yoong.  She had to goon holiday to Kwang Chow and could not take more. Aunt Linda was having headaches and said that the stuff was heaty and so she declined the offer.  So what to do?  So I looked up some recipes using essence of chicken from the Internet and found one that I liked.  It entails pouring the chicken essence on steamed fish.  Fried garlic and ginger are added as garnishing.
Hmm ... I could make the dish for a lady friend of mine who is suffering from prolonged menstrual bleeding. Her menstrual flow is very heavy and happens every other week.  The rest I can give to her as well as I think she might be very weak from her condition.

No comments: