Tuesday 9 April 2013

PREFERABLY BOYS TO HELP WITH THE GARDENING

  The break time for the students in my college are either 9.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m., 10.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.  During this time, the students either go have a meal at the cafeteria, go to the library, the computer lab or to consult their lecturers.
Sometimes, I will ask for volunteers from the students who are in the library to help me with the gardening.  The response is usually from good as they love to help.  However I usually prefer boys.  Why?  Firstly they need to do the digging and lifting.  Also it is not too advisable to get the girls as they may be having their monthly period.  Many of us here in Asia believe that certain plants will die off if they are touched by females who are having their menses or ladies in confinement.  No way am I going to risk having my precious plants die off because of that.  Also there is one plant in the garden, Haba Neraka, which might have a bad effect on pregnant ladies and girls of marriageable age.  Hence my preference for boys to help in the garden.







No comments: