Friday 22 March 2013

PLANTING TENGGEK BURUNG


 I bought this Tenggek Burung plant (Euodia ridleyi/Euodia redlevi) from the Farmer's Market last weekend. There were two such plants at the Herb Garden but then one of them died and the other one appears sickly. That was why I had sourced for a new one.
The young leaves of the Tenggek burung or Cabang Tiga is nutritious and delicious.  Here in Malaysia it is eaten as ulam or salad.  In traditional medicine, the plant is said to help to shrink the womb of ladies who have just given birth.   It is also believed to help lower high blood pressure, help blood flow and revitalise a tired body.   
 As usual, Vasan was ever willing to help me do the planting during his break time.
 Here you see him doing some digging.
 Okay!  Stop! The hole is big enough for the plant. 

My Tenggek Burung has been planted.  Hopefully it will grow big and strong and I will have lots of fresh young leaves to eat.

No comments: