Friday 1 March 2013

CELERY I MUST EAT


A few of my friends have been promoting celery as a cholesterol busting green to me after they heard about my recent medical check-up.  It seems that by eating just two stalks of celery a day, the cholesterol level can be lowered by 7 points.  Now this is by no means something suggested by housewives.  This is actually based on findings by researchers at the University of Chicago. How does it work?  Apparently, celery contains pthalides that relax artery muscle walls, which allows blood to easily flow through the vessels.
Additionally, the Chinese have also used celery to lower blood pressure and it also appears that traditional Chinese Medicine has shown daily consumption of celery to lower blood pressure by 14%.
Wow!  It works for both cholesterol and blood pressure.  So, celery I must eat.

SOURCE: http://kelleyward.hubpages.com/hub/Naturally-Lower-Blood-Pressure-and-Cholesterol-With-8-Heart-Healthy-Foods

No comments: