Sunday 30 September 2012

CELEBRATING THE MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL

I wanted to celebrate the Mid Autumn Festival a.k.a. Mooncake Festival a.k.a. Lantern Festival and decided to go buy me a lantern.   My aunt told me that there were a couple of shops in Pasir Pinji which stock a lot of lanterns and so we went to the first one that I saw.  You can see me posing outside the shop which actually sells prayer paraphernalia.
 You can see the lanterns displayed at the front of the shop.
 Close up of the lanterns.
 Many of the contemporary lanterns come in the shapes of cartoons and superheroes.
 The mighty dragon has been a favourite among children years ago but nowadays it has been upstaged by the Angry Birds.
 This is the flower basket lantern that I bought.  I had contemplated on making one but then decided to buy it.  It was the last one and costs RM12.
 Here is how my flower basket lantern looks when lit at night.  The Angry Bird lantern belongs to Amir.  Unfortunately, he could not come celebrate with me.



No comments: