Thursday 5 July 2012

SHARVEEN'S BAD DREAM


My former student, Sharveen, paid me a visit at the college this afternoon.  He was shocked when I told him that my mum (whom he fondly called Grandma) had passed away.
Sharveen related to me that in May he had a dream that there was a death in my house but he wasn't sure who the deceased was.  He was so worried that he gave me a call.  When he called, I was in the midst of a meeting and told him, I'd call him back.  Unfortunately, I forgot.
Since he was 16 years old, Sharveen had been visiting my family during Chinese New Year.  However, he did not go to Ipoh but instead visited me in Sitiawan this year.  He had wanted to come on the first day of the festival but I told him to come on the second.  Unfortunately, he had to go to Penang and so he never got to have his annual 'makan' with my mum and me.  He was feeling rather sad when he thought about it.
I had also forgotten to call him to inform him about my mum's funeral.  Sharveen said he was in Ipoh at that time and would have wanted to say his final farewell to Grandma.  What to do?  Perhaps, I'll take him to Paradise Memorial Park one of these days so that he could visit her final resting place.

No comments: