Saturday 14 July 2012

SAVING A PLANT


The Mahkota Dewa Plant (God's Crown) near the library was in a sorry state.  The branches had warts on them and there were only a few sorry looking leaves left on it.  What to do?  I just couldn't let the plant die just like that as it was planted by the former principal of the school.
That was when I remembered the Lemon Grass spray I had at home to keep insects at bay.  This is a herbal insecticide and I thought to myself that it might just be the thing to save the plant.
Here you see me spraying the plant with the lemon grass spray.  This was after I had cut away all the diseased parts.  I recall my late parents (both who were avid gardeners) telling me that by pruning an ailing plant, I might be able to help it regenerate. Hopefully, my effort is not in vain.

No comments: