Wednesday 2 May 2012

IS THE MONKEY THE CULPRIT?





I hadn't been going up to the Tung Wah T'ung Temple to pray for more than a month as I did not manage to find the time to do so.  When I finally managed to visit the place yesterday morning, I was shocked to find that there was a fire at the cavern during the weekend.  I was told by a temple committee member that the fire had taken place over the night and when the volunteers came the next morning, they found the right side of the cave badly burnt.  A lot of prayer items such as joss-sticks were destroyed.
According to some of the temple people, the culprit was a monkey.  However, it was only their assumption as there was no eye-witness.  Actually, I think that it could have been an electrical short circuit.  Nevertheless, these are mere speculations.  Hopefully, the damaged part of the cave will be restored quickly.

No comments: