Sunday 3 July 2011

HELPFUL STUDENTS

 I had to work yesterday which was a Saturday.  Four million students in 9,980 schools in Malaysia took part in the '1Student, 1Sport Simultaneous Run' throughout Malaysia.  In my school, there were a few activities which were carried on besides the 1Malaysia Run which was carried out early in the morning.
Two of the activities carried out in the school hall was the Report Card day where the parents of the Form 5 students came to collect the result slips for the mid-year examination of their children and also to have discussions with the class teachers and subject teachers.
I was in-charge of photography and had video presentation.  Clever me had my librarians going around with the video cameras and cameras to snap photographs of the goings-on.  I will edit the pictures later and post them in the school web site, blog and magazine.
 Here I was sorting out herbs that I had gathered from the Herb Garden with two of my librarians, Surendan and Ezekial.  There was an Islamic talk in the surau for the Form 4 Muslim students and both boys were exempted.  Surendan is a Hindu while Ezekiel is a Christian.  Instead, they were told to go to the library to help Miss Cheah.
When we were gathering the herbs, I gave the two boys a lesson on the medicinal properties of the herbs and they shared with me information about Indian Herbal Baths.  So, it was a learning experience for all of us.  I will incorporate the Indian Oil Bath into the Traditional Herbal Bath Exhibition next week.
 I am pictured here with another student, Syakir.  He helped with setting up the video presentation in the hall and also taking some photos in the Conference Room. There was actually another activity happening there. An officer from the ministry was giving a briefing about the vocational training for the parents and students of the Skill Training classes.
Here is a picture of what was happening in the hall on Saturday.  The parents of one of the boys was discussing the academic progress of their son.  In the background is the video presentation that my student Baron had helped me to prepare.
Here is what happened to Baron on Saturday morning.  He was converting the powerpoint slides and pictures into video format until 3.00 a.m. and slept only two hours.  Earlier in the morning, he helped to videotape the 1Malaysia Run plus some of the goings-on in the hall. However, he felt giddy at around 9.30 a.m. and I told him to lie down and take a rest.
What helpful students I have!  Yes, indeed I am blessed.

No comments: