Tuesday 15 February 2011

VISITING SEEN HOCK YEEN TEMPLE




















I had already said that the New Year is a time when I try and visit as many temples as I possibly could.  This is so that I could get as much blessings as I could to last me for a whole year.  It is not that I don't go and pray at the temple on other days but on the first few days of the year, I max up the frequency of visits.  Furthermore, it is also during this time that they have special activities at the temples and also the place looks more festive and cheerful. 
I usually visit about 8 to 9 temples over the course of the first fifteen days.  Actually, I have already visited 7 temples as of today.  Last Saturday was visit to Temple number 5, the Seen Hock Yeen Temple in Chemor.  There are lots of activities prepared by the temple authorities to pray for good luck for the coming year and to also ward off bad luck and inauspice.

No comments: