Thursday 24 February 2011

SHELLFISH: KEPAH

The type of shellfish above is called Kepah.  The ones above are the smaller type, the large ones can be seen in the picture below.  Since my school is near to a jetty, I would sometimes go there after school to buy seafood to cook for dinner. 
I just boil them and eat the flesh, no fancy cooking with sauces.  That way, I get to savour the real flavour of the kepah.  It is quite cheap really, RM2.00 for a kilo.  The fishmonger would usually add more clams for me.  Sometimes, he gives me free crabs as well but I'd give them either to Kamariah or Asiah as I couldn't bring it upon myself to 'kill' the crabs. 

2 comments:

Y said...

How wonderful that you lived near a jetty and able to get fresh sea food so cheaply. What a good life you have Ms Cheah

Miss Cheah said...

Yeah! I count my blessings too. If you happen to viit Sitiawan, do contact me and I'll treat you to a seafood meal.