Sunday 30 May 2010

TAI LUK MEEN 大碌面

When my father was alive, he loved to order Tai Luk Mee (thick Chinese noodles) fried Hokkien style, that is stir fried with black sauce.  Pork and lard are two of the ingredients used for this delicacy.  I wouldn't touch it as I don't eat meat.  I make an exception for seafood and eggs.   It is also known as Hokkien Mee 福建面 in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.  Here in Ipoh, it is mostly referred to as Tai Luk Meen.
However I would eat the Tai Luk Meen if it is cooked halal style, that is without the pork and lard.  There is this hawker stall in Canning Garden which serves halal food and so that means I get to enjoy the Tai Luk Meen cooked with vegetable oil, prawns and fishcakes. What you see above was my dinner for yesterday night.
By the way, big eater me wasn't content with just the plate of noodles, I later bought an egg burger (with double eggs) as well.

No comments: