Monday 19 April 2010

DRINKING SEAWEED SOUP FOR GOOD HEALTH AND LONGEVITY



One of my favourite soups is the vegetarian Japanese seaweed soup.  When I order a Japanese meal, I will usually get this soup as a complimentary dish.
Since I love watching South Korean dramas very much I have been very much influenced by what I see.  One of them is that one should drink brown seaweed soup for ones birthday as it is very healthy and symbolises longevity.  Last Saturday I bought some Japanese seaweed soup with tofu to drink.  Yahlah! Yahlah!  I am very kiasu (afraid of losing) and therefore would try and get as much symbolic goodness on my birthday.  After all I wish to live long enough to see all my nephews and nieces get married and give me little grandnieces and grandnephews.  Since my youngest niece, Jamie, is only 3 years old, it would mean that I need to be around for at least another 20 years to have my wish fulfilled.

INFORMATION ABOUT BROWN SEAWEED SOUP
In South Korea, Brown seaweed soup is consumed by women after delivery because it helps to clean blood vessels and to produce milk.  This is because seaweed has abundant iodine to reduce the swollen body and calcium to help build strong bones, which are all important for both mother and child.


In Korea it is known as “birthday soup” in Korea, seaweed soup as it symbolises good health and longevity.

2 comments:

Miss Cheah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Cheah said...

Thanks for the comment

From one
Very Kiasi Lady