Wednesday 21 October 2009

VEGETARIAN CURRY


Since I am on a vegetarian diet at present I decided to cook my own food for dinner instead of buying food at the vegetarian restaurant which seems to contain a lot of monosodium glutamate and sugar.
The vegetarian curry that I cooked tonight will be enough for two meals, dinner and breakfast tomorrow. Actually I think another two or three of my students can also share the food. I ate the curry with rice tonight but tomorrow I will be recycling it into curry bihun (noodles).
I will be generous and share my recipe with you.
VEGETARIAN CURRY
Ingredients:

1 packet of ready made vegetarian curry paste (short cut, no need to chop and blender)
1 packet of powdered santan/100 g of coconut milk
7 Sabah long beans
7 ladies fingers
Vegetarian fuchok (can be bought from the vegetarian stall)
2 pieces of tofu
2 red chillies
3 potatoes
Method:
Mix 1 packet of the vegetarian curry paste to a pot of 300ml and bring to the boil. Add in the vegetables, fuchuk and tofu. Cook 5 minutes before adding the coconut milk. Stir well and bring to boil. Serve.
Easy, isn't it?

No comments: