Saturday 17 October 2009

FLOODED PRAWN MEE

Yesterday I blogged about the delicious Prawn Noodles or Mee Udang sold at a restaurant in Changkat Jering. To date I have tasted the noodles twice. To me and my friends being able to taste such yummy food in off the beaten track places is considered one of lives little pleasures.
I was also told that in another area near Taiping there is a stall sellling Flooded Prawn Mee or Mee Banjir Udang. The particular locale is a fishing village called Kuala Sepetang. It seems that the charges for the noodles are cheap and the food is delicious. I will have to convince Haji Hasnin and my other friends to make a trip to that place so that I can get to try the food. There are two types of noodles sold, one is with soup and the other with black sauce.
The soup version
The prawns used for the noodles are big and fresh
The noodles with sauce


No comments: