Wednesday 1 July 2009

COUNTING SHEEP

If someone cannot sleep, one common advice in the western world is to start counting sheep and then one would be lulled to sleep. But I don't think it really works that way. I read an article today saying that Michael Jackson suffered from insomnia and it was so bad that he had resorted to taking an injection of a powerful drug to get some sleep. When my mum was ill a couple of months ago, she too could not sleep and went around the house like a zombie. My Aunt Linda said that she once could not sleep for three months when she was in her thirties and she too become dull and listless because of sleep depravation. So I sort of have an idea of how much suffering he went through.

Read the related extract below:

AP Exclusive: Insomniac Jackson begged for drug

AP, Jul 1, 2009 5:01 am PDT
Michael Jackson was so distraught over persistent insomnia in recent months that he pleaded for a powerful sedative despite warnings it could be harmful, says a nutritionist who was working with the singer as he prepared his comeback bid.
I feel sad that he did not heed his nutritionist's advice not to take the injection of a sleep inducing drug. It must have weakened his heart andd gradually brought to his exit from Planet Earth.
I wonder why he did not consider using Feng Shui locations to help him sleep better. That was what I did for my mum. I changed the sleelping area of my mum when she was sick and she ahd a quick recovery.

No comments: