Thursday 11 June 2009

SOOOOO......HOT!


Hot! Hot! Hot! And I am not talking about any of the delicious looking young men fronting the Entertainment scene. I am actually referring to the weather for the past few months.
The extremely hot weather has been a cause of distress to me and the Malaysians. One of the favourite topic of conversation whenever we meet one another would be the weather.
According to a news report in the Star newspaper, Malaysians can expect hotter and drier days till September as an El Nino phenomenon is forming. Alamak!
The report said that Malaysia experiences a hot and dry season in the months of June, July and August and temperatures range between 33C to 34C. The bad news is temperatures could soar another 3C during El Nino. Double Alamak!!
That is why I made it a point to check up on the plants in the school Herb Garden as I knew that they too would be effected. My mum waters the plants in her garden twice a day but still quite a few had withered and died. Those in the Herb Garden would be watered only once by the workers since it is the school holidays and the librarians are not on duty.
When I went to school yesterday afternoon, Ya Ya had come with her mum. I brought her along with me to have a look at the plants. Just as I had predicted, quite a number of the plants looked 'dehydrated'. Some of the leaves had turned brown or yellow. I quickly sprung into action and started to water the plants. I must request that the other staff help to water the plants as well. Afterall they come and pluck the herbs and fruits too. So it would not be too much too ask of them to help water them. Don't you think so?



No comments: